Horizon Medicare Blue TotalCare (HMO SNP)
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield.January 1, 2012
Effective January 1, 2012, Horizon Healthcare of New Jersey, Inc. will offer a Special Needs Plan (SNP), Horizon Medicare Blue TotalCare (HMO SNP),
to New Jersey residents who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid coverage.
This $0 premium plan is designed to provide more focused and specialized health care to this population and includes coverage for:
• All medically necessary and preventive care services covered under Medicare Part A and Part B.
• Prescription drugs and medications eligible under Medicare Part D and Part B as well as under Medicaid.
• Services covered under Medicaid, including private duty nursing, medical day care, personal care assistant services,
acupuncture and certain over-the-counter items.
Eligible Horizon Medicare Blue TotalCare (HMO SNP) enrollees must:
• Live in New Jersey.
• Be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B coverage (through age or disability).
• Receive full Medicaid benefits from the state of New Jersey.