As reported earlier this month, WCH IT dept had been working hard to complete the certification of iSmart EHR, A WCH developed Electronic Medical Records System, which will be integrated with our billing system in near future.
We are proud to announce that WCH Service Bureau has successfully completed DrFirst Certification for integrating Rcopia e-prescribing. The integration has been certified for data exchange.
These benefits for Physicians include dramatic decrease in callbacks from pharmacies requesting clarification of prescriptions, and clinical decision support and integrated patient prescription formulary data.
Doctors can now avoid incurring Medicare penalties for not using e-Prescribing software!
· 1% payment cut in 2012 for not using electronic prescriptions
· 1.5% payment cut in 2013
· 2% payment cut for 2014 and beyond for not automating the prescription process
DrFirst integration comes as a core capability of iSmart EHR. It serves as an advantage over other EMR programs. The DrFirst integration into iSmart EHR enables sophisticated prescribing features that are unique and crucial for our clients.
· Full database of drugs (Brand Name and Generic with Dosages)
· Drug-Drug Interaction Checks
· Drug-Allergy Interaction Checks
· Drug-Formulary Checks (Presuming that the Patient's Health Care coverage has already been logged in SureScripts, the National e-Prescribing Hub between Pharmacies and e-Prescribing Software)
· Pharmacy database, allowing for maintenance of a doctor favorite list and patient preferred list
· Automated Refill Notices