WCH is investing in the success of our staff and clients!
We have another Certified Professional Biller on Staff, Congratulations Tatyana Kantor on your new certification!
Tatyana inspired and motived by her supervisor Zukhra Kasimova, CPC, CPB accepted a chal- lenge to become next Certified Professional Biller (CPB)in WCH. On December 13, 2014 with support from her coworkers and hard work, Tatyana has successfully passed the 200 question Certified Professional Biller exam adding CPB to her title. Tatyana is the second employ- ee of many that will undergo CPB certification in WHC. These certifications will enhance the knowledge of our staff in submitting claims in accordance with government regulations and private payer policies, following up on claim statuses, resolving claim denials, submitting appeals, posting payments and adjustments, and managing collections. WCH management team acknowledges this great achievement and is proud to share it with our clients.
The certification enhanced the following skills of our medical billing staff:
- Understanding different types of insurance plans
- Applying payer policy, Local Coverage Determinations (LCD), and National Coverage Determinations (NCD) for successful claim submission
- Knowing CPT®, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS Level II coding guidelines
- Navigating the varying rules and regulations which apply to the healthcare industry, including HI- PAA, False Claims Act, Fair Debt Collections Act, and Stark.
- Knowing the life cycle of a medical billing claim and how to improve the revenue cycle Expertise in effective claim follow-up, patient follow-up, and denial resolution.
Congratulations Tatyana, we are proud!
Anna Kim, Esq has been appointed WCH Compliance Officer.
We are confident that Anna Kim, Esq is up for the job and become a trusted compliance officer that will help WCH comply with the rules and regulations posed by the healthcare industry in efforts to protect our clients. Anna’s exten- sive knowledge and background in the laws pertaining to the healthcare indus- try will serve as a basis for a long and successful commitment.
As the Compliance officer of WCH, Anna Kim, Esq will oversee the compliance program and function as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues within WCH.
Compliance Officer Responsibility also include:
- Various risk areas including following internal billing guidelines and conflict of interest
- Healthcare fraud and abuse laws including the False Claims Act, Start Laws and Anti-Kickback Statute
- Education of staff in all departments about issues of fraud and abuse laws and WCH compliance
Anna Kim, Esq understands the importance of compliance and possesses the tactical skills to implement a customized program designed to fit the organiza- tion to ensure organizational compliance with current standards.
Congratulations Anna on your new position!