Everything you need to know about the CONNECT for Health Act, 2021
• Remove geographic restrictions and other barriers on telehealth services
• Expand “originating sites” to include the home and other places of service
• Make permanent a provision to allow health centers and rural health clinics (RHCs) to provide telehealth services
• Make permanent a provision that gives the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) authority to waive telehealth restrictions
• Allow waiver of telehealth restrictions during a public health emergency (PHE)
The CONNECT for Health Act of 2021 expands access to telehealth and supports health care providers and beneficiaries in utilizing and analyzing it. The act expands coverage of Medicare telehealth services and makes some COVID-19 telehealth flexibilities permanent, among other provisions.
Liked the article? Share with friends: