WCH iSmart EMR is now certified by Dr.First!
As reported earlier this month, WCH IT team is working hard to complete the certification of iSmart EMR, a WCH developed Electronic Medical Records System, which will be integrated with our billing system in near future.
We are proud to announce that WCH Service Bureau has successfully completed DrFirst Certification for integrating Rcopia e-prescribing. The integration has been certified for data exchange.
Benefit to Physicians includes dramatic decrease in callbacks from pharmacies requesting clarification of prescriptions, and clinical decision support and integrated patient prescription formulary data.
Doctors can now avoid incurring Medicare penalties for not using ePrescribing software!
- 1% payment cut in 2012 for not using electronic prescriptions
- 1.5% payment cut in 2013
- 2% payment cut for 2014 and beyond for not automating the prescription process
Dr. First integration comes as a core capability of iSmart EMR. It serves as an advantage over other EMR programs. The Dr First integration into iSmart EMR enables sophisticated prescribing features that are unique and crucial for our clients.
- Full database of drugs (brand name and generic with dosages)
- Drug-Drug Interaction Checks
- Drug-Allergy Interaction Checks
- Drug-Formulary Checks (presuming that the patient’s health care coverage has already been logged in SureScripts, the national e-prescribing hub between pharmacies and eprescribing software)
- Pharmacy database, allowing for maintenance of a doctor favorite list and patient preferred list
- Automated Refill Notices