ICD-10-CM updates for the Fiscal Year 2022 are out
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has recently released an updated version of the ICD-10-CM for the fiscal year 2022. An updated set of diagnosis codes came to an effect on October 1st, 2021.
The current edition includes 159 additions, 25 deletions, as well as 27 revisions. Here is what has been covered this year so far:
- Laterality of services
- Conditions related to HIV and post-COVID-19 (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
- Immunization safety counseling
- Social determinants of health
- Lower back pain
- Injuries, Poisonings, and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes
- Diseases of the digestive and nervous systems
Knowing the specifics of each annual ICD-10-CM update is critical for a successful billing flow. Non-compliance with the current regulations may lead to claim denials and underpayments. The conditions must be documented and reported with the maximum level of specificity. No discrepancies are allowed!
Liked the article? Share with friends: